What Makes a Singer Great
Have you ever feared that your singing voice is awful and that no one would ever want to hear it? I have. And few things stifle the creative process more than fear of rejection. If you bend to this fear you'll no longer be creating art, you'll just be seeking approval. But all of us want to be great! So what makes a singer great?
Exploring this subject on your own will be some of the most rewarding time you ever take as a singer. Rather than giving you an answer, I'm going to provide questions for you to decide on your own.
- What singers do you love to listen to?
- What do you like about his/her voice?
- Do you want to sound like the singers you love? Why or why not?
- What singers do your peers love? Why do they love them?
- Are your peers the fan base that you are looking for? Or would you be okay with them not liking your art?
Ask 10 people what their definition of success is, and you'll get a variety of answers. In the same way, different people have different tastes and not everyone is going to like everything.
A coach can't decide what you think is great. We are only here to help you get to where you want to be! So do your own research and reflection and see what you believe makes a singer great. You'll be a better artist because of it!
Found this helpful? Come back every Monday for a new blog by Benny!
To learn more about Benny or to book a lesson click here or call 1-615-866-1099.